- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 cup ground chouriço
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 single stalks celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon hot crushed red pepper
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 ¾ cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- ½ pound raw small shrimp, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups light cream
- In medium stock pot over medium heat, melt butter and mix in chouriço.
- Add onions, celery, and garlic and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Mix in white pepper, salt and crushed red hot pepper.
- Mix in flour to make a roux. Cook for 5 minutes over medium low heat.
- Add clam juice, chicken broth. Mix in well and bring to a simmer, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add thawed frozen corn kernels, shrimp and cream. Simmer for 15 minutes and serve.