- 2 large onions, sliced and cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground chouriço
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes, ground peeled (Chunky Style)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon dry basil
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked in water
- Cook pasta per package directions. Drain and toss with a little oil to keep it moist. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat add olive oil and sauté onions and garlic until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the ground meats, salt and pepper and sauté until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomato, soy sauce and basil and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for an hour stirring occasionally.
- Combine spaghetti with sauce in pasta pot, and serve.