- 12 ounces pizza dough
- 1/2 cup ground linguiça
- About 1/2 cup pesto
- 2 cups grated mozzarella/provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced garlic cloves
- 2 red skinned potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 500° Grease pizza pan or baking sheet pan with olive oil, set aside
- Allow the pizza dough to come to room temperature. On a lightly-floured work surface, form the dough into one large ball, collecting the sides and tucking them under to create a smooth outer surface. Cover the dough with a damp towel and allow to rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the potato slices in boiling water until just cooked through, anywhere between 1 – 2 minutes. Drain and allow to cool slightly before drying the slices with paper towels and coating them with a touch of olive oil, a pinch of Italian seasoning and kosher salt.
- Generously dust area of counter with flour. With lightly-floured hands, press the dough with your fingertips to form a flattened disk or rectangle if using a baking sheet pan. Lift the dough up and use the back of your knuckles to stretch and thin-out the dough into the size of your pizza pan. Be careful to preserve the edge of the dough if you want a light, chewy crust. Carefully position the stretched dough onto the prepared pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Using a large spoon, spread an even layer of the pesto onto the dough and carefully spread it to within 1/2-inch of the edge, being careful to leave a pesto free edge. Top with an even layer of the grated mozzarella/provolone cheese followed by slices of parboiled potatoes, linguiça and sliced garlic cloves. Top with a light sprinkling of a bit more mozzarella, season with salt to taste and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Lightly brush the exposed crust with a bit of olive oil.
- Bake until the crust is crisped and golden and the cheese is bubbling and just beginning to brown, about 6-7 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes before slicing.